Dec 13, 2013

Silent Hill: Homecoming: Afterparty Thoughts



So, I finished Silent Hill: Homecoming for the first time a few days ago (didn't have a PC that can run it till a month ago).

I don't know why are people so negative towards this game, as I found it worthy of the Silent Hill name. It kept all the good things from the first 4 SHs and threw a more intuitive combat system on top of that. I honestly like the way I wield my steel pipe (heheh) in Homecoming a lot more than in SH3 where a walking penis pummels me up if I don't press the X button in the right way to do an overhead swing as opposed to the random swatting around if I press the X button the wrong way.

The story was excellent, the ending I got was disturbing, to say the least. Puzzles were challenging, especially the attic one where I spent 6 consecutive hours pulling my hair out until my girl came to help and solved it with five clicks. Combat took some time to get used to, but it was worth it, especially in boss battles. Heck, I didn't use a SINGLE healing item in the final boss fight, that's how good you become by the end of the game. I do agree that some areas in the town of Silent Hill look nothing like they did in SH: Origins, but hey - maybe they redecorated in 30 years! :D

Overall: fun to play AND a great SH story. I say this game is worth it; if you disagree, you're either a fanboy who dislikes the fact that a western developer tried something new, or you just don't like the game. And that second one I can understand :B

Oh yeah: the PC version bugs are terrible. If you're giving it a shot and have the option, play the game on a console.

No comments:

Post a Comment